Please read and submit a signed copy of the TCC Code of Conduct before proceeding with your application.
This policy sets out standards and principles that express loving faithfulness and service to Christ as a condition of membership with Toronto City Church (TCC).
In all its endeavors, TCC seeks to glorify God. Members of TCC are expected to fully support the TCC Statement of Faith and the church objectives, endorse the Christian commitment of membership and conduct themselves in a manner consistent with principles of Scripture. The points outlined in this policy are based on the Bible, which is accepted by TCC to be the final authority in matters of faith and conduct.
All members of TCC are encouraged to establish personal and spiritual disciplines that will foster and promote a deep, intimate relationship with God, which is essential to effectively serve as a Christian believer. This includes prayer, Bible study, regular church and small group attendance, as well as sharing their faith and beliefs with others.
We ask that all members:
- Fully embrace and support the Vision of Toronto City Church.
- Protect the spirit of love and unity by avoiding all forms of gossip, backbiting and strife.
- Follow the Biblical pattern for conflict resolution as outlined in Matthew 18:15-17.
- Walk in a spirit of honour and respect for the pastors and church leadership.
TCC rejects the following conduct, viewing it as being incompatible with Christian standards and values in accordance with scripture. This behaviour contradicts the lifestyle commitment that is necessary for anyone who is a member of TCC:
- Breach of trust or confidence (Matthew 5:37; Matthew 19:18; Philippians 4:8; 1 John 3:3)
- Lying or deceit (Matthew 5:37; Matthew 19:19; Ephesians 4:25,29)
- Extramarital sexual relationship(s) (adultery) (Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 18; Matthew 5:27-32; Matthew 19:9,18-19; Romans 7:3; 1 Corinthians 5:1-2,9-13; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,13-20; 1 Corinthians 10:8; Ephesians 5:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4)
- Premarital sexual relationship(s) (fornication) (Exodus 20:14; Leviticus 18; Matthew 5:27-32; 19:9,18-19; Acts 15:29; 1 Corinthians 5:1-2,9-13; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10,13-20; 1 Corinthians 10:8; Ephesians 5:3-5; 1 Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4)
- Reading or viewing pornographic material (Philippians 4:8; Colossians 3:5; l John 3:3)
- Homosexual relationship(s) (Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 10:8; 1 Thessalonians 4:3; Hebrews 13:4)
- Theft or fraud (Exodus 20:15,17; Matthew 5:37)
- Physical aggression (Leviticus 18; Philippians 4:8; 1 Timothy 5:22; 1 John 3:3)
- Abusive behaviour (Leviticus 18; Philippians 4:8; 1 Timothy 5:22. 1 John 3:3)
- Sexual assault/harassment (Leviticus 18; 1 Timothy 5:22; 1 John 3:3)
- Using illicit drugs (Philippians 4:8; 1 Timothy 5.22; 1 John 3:3)
- Criminal activity (Exodus 20:12-17; Matthew 5:37; 1 John 3:3)
- Drunkenness or heavy drinking (Proverbs 20:1; Galatians 5:21, 1 Peter 4:3)
- Smoking (1 Corinthians 6:19)
ENFORCEMENT OF CODE OF CONDUCT:
In the event of a violation or breach of these standards, TCC will attempt to bring about the restoration of the individual in order to maintain membership standing within the organization. However, this is also dependent upon the nature and extent of the violation or breach. Our "disciplinary" procedure allows for a three stage process, the second and third stages being at the sole discretion of TCC:
- The first stage will be a review of the problem by a Leadership Team member and/or the Lead Pastor together with the member.
- The second stage is the "restorative" process. This process is dependent upon the repentance of the individual, in reference to the breach of conduct, as well as the nature and severity of the breach or violation. When restoration is deemed complete and is determined to be successful, as determined in the sole discretion of TCC, then TCC will provide ongoing support and accountability for the member.
- The third stage of discipline is the termination of the individuals membership in TCC. As the violation of this policy by a member is recognized by TCC and the member as a fundamental breach of the relationship, the member accepts that TCC may in its sole discretion terminate the relationship without any notice.
I have read, understand and am in agreement with this Code of Conduct and its enforcement. I recognize that if I violate this Code of Conduct it is my responsibility to inform church leadership and submit myself to the necessary discipline.
Information received is confidential and is kept under the regulations of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) for the purposes of screening personnel and recruiting them into our ministries.